We are excited to have all levels of visiting students (ages 16+) join us at our studio. While Night Flight’s main focus is helping students advance through our progressive Series classes, we do have some great offerings for visiting students.
Private Lessons & Private Group Classes
Private Lessons are the best way for traveling students and aerialists to get to know our studio and expand their knowledge. We encourage both new and experienced visiting students to join us for private aerial lessons on silks, static trapeze, lyra, rope, and straps. We also offer private lessons in handstands, stretching, contortion and conditioning. If you are a visiting aerialist hoping to work on polishing a piece for performance private lessons are the perfect opportunity for you to work with one of our advanced professional coaches.
We are also happy to set up a Private Group Class for groups of 3 students or larger. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org a week in advance for prices, information and to check on studio and coach availability.
Private Lesson Prices
- 1 Student : $68/hr
- 2 Students: $90/hr
- For groups larger than 2 students, please email for prices and availability
Another way to check out our studio and meet our coaches is to join us for one of our weekend Drop-in classes. Registration for our Drop-in Classes opens a week in advance and they fill up quickly.
January 2nd – February 19th 2020 Drop-in Schedule
Friday 5:30-7pm (silks only)
1.5 hours. Students work on both silks and trapeze in this Drop-in class. This class is suitable for students enrolled in our Beg Aerial 1 & 2 Series as well as students who are brand new to aerial. Class time breaks down to 30 min warm up, 30 min on the silks and 30 min on the trapeze.
1.5 hours. Our Stretching Drop-in focuses on deeper stretching and active flexibility. Suitable for all levels.
This is a 1.5 hour class. Come have fun, get stronger, and feel more confident in the air! Our Conditioning Drop-in class focuses on strength building rather than new tricks. Includes conditioning in the air on a variety of equipment and on the floor. We are so excited to get pumped with you! Prerequisites: Students currently enrolled in or completed Beginning Aerial 1, and be able to climb the silks.
Silks levels 1-3
1.5 hours. This mixed level (int to adv) Silks Drop-in is suitable for students who have completed our Beg Aerial 1 & 2 Series. Students should be comfortable climbing, straddling up in the air and demonstrating the following sequence: single footlock, devil stag, hiplock, back balance, catchers to attend.
Trapeze levels 1-3
1.5 hours. This mixed level (int to adv) Trapeze Drop-in is suitable for students who have completed our Beg Aerial 1 & 2 Series. Students should be comfortable with fly, straddle and knee beats, a pullover on our medium bar (it doesn’t need to be perfect), an ankle hang, our bird’s nest sequence and a Montreal without help to attend to attend.
Sign-up online to join!
Drop-in Class Price: $25
A Note on our Open Gym
At Night Flight, we are dedicated to offering progressive style Series classes that really help aerial and circus artists reach their goals. Our Open Gym is tailored to our intermediate and advanced aerial students. Students must have instructor permission for Open Gym as well as pass our endurance/strength based fitness test. Please watch the video below for a clear demonstration of our fitness test.
As aerial and circus training facilities have widely differing program structures and curriculum we encourage visiting students who may not feel ready for our fitness test to join us for a Drop-in class or a Private Lesson.
- Open Gym: Sat 12-2pm*
*Students must have instructor permission for Open Gym as well as pass our fitness test.
January 2nd – February 19th 2020 Open Gym Schedule:
Open Gym Price: $15
Studio Policies & Safety Guidelines
- While we understand that there are many circumstances that may lead to being late, we cannot allow a student to participate in a class if they are more than 15 min late.
- No one is allowed on the equipment without an instructor’s supervision.
- Students are not allowed in class if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If they do they will be asked to leave.
- Students can only work on material the teacher is covering in classes. If a student wants to work on other material they must get instructor permission.
- Use of safety mats is required under aerial equipment.
- Do not touch the mirrors. Do not kick up into handstands against the mirrors.
- Please pick up after yourself and put equipment (blocks, bands, ab wheel, etc.) back where it belongs after using it.
- No chewing gum while on the equipment.
- Don’t move rosin/chalk containers. Apply rosin/chalk over container.
- No jewelry, zippers or buckles on the equipment. Please double check running/yoga pants for zippers. If a small zipper is found use athletic tape to cover the zipper. They catch on/tear aerial fabric and can be dangerous to the student. No jeans.
- Please be considerate of your instructors and other students and come to class clean, wear deodorant and fresh workout clothes.
- No street shoes in the studio. Students may go barefoot, wear socks or ballet shoes. Please have clean feet and/or clean socks.
- Please do not come to class if you are sick.
- Please cover open wounds and warts with a band-aid and tape. If the injury is on your foot please wear socks.
- No videoing instructors. Students can photograph/video each other with permission.
Students will not be allowed into class if they are more then 15 minutes late.
2/14 – Student Show Rehearsal
Submit Your Private Lesson or Group Private Class Request
Just send us a message with what you would like to focus on, your availability and your contact info and we will get you set up!