Due to our annual Halloween show Fright Night, there will be no Series or Drop-in classes from Wednesday, Oct 18th to Saturday, Oct 21st. Series and Drop-in classes will resume on Sunday, Oct 22nd and run until Thursday, Oct 26th.
Please note: We don’t allow Drop-ins in our Series classes. But we do offer a few Aerial Drop-in Classes on the weekends! You can get more information on our Drop-ins here.
Night Flight offers adult (ages 16 and up) Series classes in aerial & circus arts in Portland, OR. Our Series classes are the perfect learning environment for students of all levels, from beginner to advanced. Aerial Series technique classes include silks (tissu), static trapeze, lyra (hoop), rope and straps. New students interested in our Aerial Series classes who have no previous aerial training are required to start with Beginning Aerial 1. Night Flight also offers Series technique classes in stretching, contortion and handstands (hand balancing). Each Series class covers a specific set curriculum. Class size is limited, so register early.
How to Sign-up
Just pick a class that’s right for your level and a day/time that works for you (that you can stick with it for the entire length of the Series) and visit our Online Registration. It’s just like signing up for a college class. Payment actually reserves your spot in our Series classes, so you will need to pay in full to know your spot is secure. Attending Series classes twice a week will make a HUGE difference in progress. We highly recommend this option. Please note: We only accept cash (exact change) or check at our studio.
7-Week Series Price: $168 per Series.
Please note: There will be no class on Thanksgiving, 11/23. Thursday Series are prorated to $144 since they will be running for 6 weeks instead of 7.Register & Pay Online
No refunds/credits issued from the first day of the Series on. Refund/credit available, minus $35, for withdrawals up until the day before the first class of the Series. Series classes are non-transferable.
Please email us at email@example.com to if you need to cancel before the first day of the Series.
Make-ups for missed series classes can be done in our Saturday or Sunday Drop-in classes or Open Gyms (Open Gym is for advanced students who pass our physical assessment) during the length of the series. Make-ups are not allowed in other Series classes. After the series ends make-ups expire. Make-ups can take place these Drop-in classes:
- Silks levels 1-3: Saturday 12:30-2pm (time changes to 1-2:30pm on 11/4)
- Trapeze levels 1-3: Saturday 9-10:30am
- Beginning Aerial: Saturday 2:30-4pm (time changes to 3-4:30pm on 11/4)
- Beginning Aerial: Sunday 1:30-3pm
- *Open Gym: Saturday 4-6pm (time changes to 4:30-6:30pm on 11/4)
- *Open Gym: Sunday 3:30-5:30pm
*Open Gym is for advanced students. Students must have instructor permission for Open Gym as well as pass a physical assessment.
- Due to our annual Halloween show Fright Night, there will be no Series or Drop-in classes from Wednesday, Oct 18th to Saturday, Oct 21st. Series and Drop-in classes will resume on Sunday, Oct 22nd and run until Thursday, Oct 26th.
- There are no Series or Drop-in classes from Friday, Oct 27th to Tuesday, Oct 31st. Our studio will be closed for our final weekend of Fright Night Night and a short break between Series.
- Our studio will be closed on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23rd.
Series vs Drop-ins
While drop-ins are a great way to try aerial to see if it is a good fit for you, we strongly believe Series classes are the best way to learn. The biggest benefit of Series classes is that they taught in a progressive learning style with the same group of students. The group learns new material over the course of entire Series and skills build on top of each other. Since Drop-in classes allow new students to participate all the time, teachers need to cover basic foundational aerial techniques again and again. Which keeps the Drop-in classes from progressing in the same way as the Series classes. Having Series tightly structured and keeping students in their appropriate groups allows for challenging and fun classes.
Instructor Approval to Advance
Levels Instructor approval is required to advance levels. While everyone can sign up online for our Beginning Aerial Series, instructor permission is required for students wishing to advance to a new level. Here are the steps to advance:
- Master the prerequisites for the next Series level
- Check in with your current Night Flight instructors about your progress
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will confirm with your instructors
- If you are granted permission, the more advanced Series classes in our online registration system will be ‘unlocked’ and you can sign-up
Studio Policies & Safety Guidelines
- While we understand that there are many circumstances that may lead to being late, we cannot allow a student to participate in a class if they are more than 15 min late.
- No one is allowed on the equipment without an instructor’s supervision.
- Students are not allowed in class if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If they do they will be asked to leave.
- Students can only work on material the teacher is covering in classes. If a student wants to work on other material they must get instructor permission.
- Use of safety mats is required under aerial equipment.
- Do not touch the mirrors. Do not kick up into handstands against the mirrors.
- Please pick up after yourself and put equipment (blocks, bands, ab wheel, etc.) back where it belongs after using it.
- No chewing gum while on the equipment.
- Don’t move rosin/chalk containers. Apply rosin/chalk over container.
- No jewelry, zippers or buckles on the equipment. Please double check running/yoga pants for zippers. If a small zipper is found use athletic tape to cover the zipper. They catch on/tear aerial fabric and can be dangerous to the student. No jeans.
- Please be considerate of your instructors and other students and come to class clean, wear deodorant and fresh workout clothes.
- No street shoes in the studio. Students may go barefoot, wear socks or ballet shoes. Please have clean feet and/or clean socks.
- Please do not come to class if you are sick.
- Please cover open wounds and warts with a band-aid and tape. If the injury is on your foot please wear socks.
- No videoing instructors. Students can photograph/video each other with permission.
7-week Late-Fall Series Schedule
7-week Series Price: $168/Series
*Please note: There will be no class on Thanksgiving, 11/23. Thursday Series are prorated to $144
- Tue 4-5:30pm – Amaya & Kerri
- Tue 6:30-8pm – Gemma & Amaya
- Wed 5:30-7pm – Gemma & Treya
- *Thur 12-1:30pm – Daniela & Steph
- *Thur 6:30-8pm – Gemma & Meg
- Sun 9-10:30am – Jack & Larke
- Mon 6:30-8pm – Meg & Gemma
- Tue 12-1:30pm – Daniela
- Wed 6:30-8pm – Amaya & Treya
- Sun 10-11:30am – Daniela & Jack
- Tue 5:30-7pm – Larke & Amaya
- *Thur 1:30-3pm – Daniela
- *Thur 7:30-9pm – Larke
- Sun 11-12:30pm – Larke
- Tue 7:30-9am – Daniela
- Tue 1:30-3pm – Daniela
- Tue 7:30-9pm – Amaya
- *Thur 5:30-7pm – Meg & Larke
- Thur 3-4:30pm – Daniela
- Sun 12-1:30pm – Daneial & Larke
- Tue 7:30-9pm – Kerri & Petra
- Mon 7:30-9pm – Petra
- Tue 6-7:30pm – Kerri & Petra
- Mon 12-1:30pm – Ashley
- Mon 5:30-7pm – Petra
- Wed 7:30-9pm – Kerri & Treya
- *Thur 5-6:30pm – Treya
- Sun 11:30am-1pm – Ashley
- Mon 5-6:30pm – Treya
- Mon 7:30-9pm – Treya & Kerri
- *Thur 6-7:30pm – Paulina & Treya
- Mon 6-7:30pm – Kerri
- Wed 6-7:30pm – Kerri & Alison
- Fri 5:45-7:15pm – Omri & Paulina
- Sun 4-5:30pm – Omri & Paulina
- Sat 10:45am-12:45pm – Amaya
- Sun 2-4pm – Paulina
- Tue 4:30-6pm – Petra
- Wed 3:30-5pm – Amaya
- *Thur 7:30-9pm – Petra
- Wed 7:30-9pm – Alison
- Wed 5-6:30pm – Amaya
- Sun 8:15-9:45am – Daniela
- Wed 7-8:30am – Daniela
- Fri 6:15-8pm – Chalese